Conferences participation, including papers submission
- Next Generation Community Policing Conference 2017, October 2017, Heraklion, Greece: paper “Speaking Truth to Computational Power: Coding Non-Discrimination by Design”, Thomas Marquenie and Erik Zouave.
- ISS World Europe, 13-15 June 2017, Prague, Czech Republic: presentation “Voice Biometrics and Speech Technologies. A whole new offering for criminal identification and intelligence”, V. Gomis.
- ISS World Europe, 13-15 June 2017, Prague, Czech Republic: presentation “Speech processing technologies for OSINT and COMINT” in which VOC presented the speech processing research being done in the context of the DANTE project.
- Intelligence Support Systems for Lawful Interception Electronic Surveillance and Cyber Intelligence Gathering (ISS) conference, 13 June 2017, Prague, Czech Republic: event participation.
- EISIC 2017, 10 September 2017, Dekelia Air Base, Attica, Greece: paper “An Inconvenient Truth: Algorithmic Transparency & Accountability in Criminal Intelligence Profiling”, Erik Zouave and Thomas Marquenie.
- Ice 2017, special session “Fighting against crime using video analysis“, 27-29 June 2017, Madeira, Portugal: paper “Incorporation of Semantic Segmentation Information in Deep Hashing Techniques for Image Retrieval”. The paper has been published on Zenodo at the following link.
- International Conference on Machine Learning and Data Mining, MLDM 2017, 15 July 2017, New York, NY: paper “Global Flow and Temporal-shape Descriptors for Human Action Recognition from 3D Reconstruction Data“. The paper has been published on Zenodo at the following link.
- AVSS2017, the 14th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal based Surveillance. Workshop entitled “Analysis of video and audio “in the Wild” Addressing real-world data sources to support the fight against crime and terrorism” organised jointly by ASGARD, DANTE, FORENSOR and SURVANT H2020 projects, 29 August – 1 September 2017, in Lecce, Italy.
- LT-Innovate:Invite talk and LT-Innovate Defense and Security Panel participant. Speech Technologies for OSINT and COMINT. Lori Lamel, October 11, 2017 Brussels.
- Computers, Privacy & Data Protection 2018, January 2018, Brussels (Belgium): paper “You’ve been Measured, You’ve been Weighed & You’ve been Found Suspicious”, Erik Zouave, Jessica Schroers.
- International Workshops on Hybrid Statistical Semantic Understanding and Emerging Semantics, and Semantic Statistics co-located with 16th Extended Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2017), 21-25 October 2017, Vienna, Austria: paper “Towards a Vecsigrafo: Portable Semantics in Knowledge-based Text Analytics”, R. Denaux and J. M. Gomez-Pérez. The paper is open accesspublished on CEUR, available at this link. The full workshop proceedings are here.
- WISG workshop, organized by the French National Research Agency (ANR). Overview of research and development advances in the domain of global defense and security; september 2017.
- TIM workshop, Organized by the French GovernmentDefense. Overview of research and development advances in the domain of defense; 5thof July 2017 in Paris (France).
- Knowledge Sharing Workshop on Privacy Impact Assessment, 25 July 2017, London, UK, where presented lessons from the DANTE project.
- The first DANTE workshop organised on 9 June 2017 in Turin (Italy).
- The second DANTE workshop organised on 20 December 2017 in Palermo (Italy).
- DANTE participation to the Workshop on Radicalisation organised by the Radicalisation Awareness Network, on 5 December 2017.
- DANTE participation to the Cybercrime Workshop, on 6 December 2017.
Fairs and exhibitions
- Milipol 2017:held November 2017 at the Paris Parc d’Exposition and Jodie Gauvain presented a short talk about DANTE speech processing technologies in the Horizon 2020 session.
- Speech about DANTE at SICUR (International Security Event) on 23 February 2018.
- Presentation entitled the “Air Safety” integrated in Master Degree on Aeronautical Engineering, May 2017, Covilhã, Portugal.
- DANTE is included in the recently published booklet from DG HOME as one of the two research and innovation projects related to Fight against Crime and Terrorism.